Privacy, secure email and PGP
I would urge everyone to use PGP or other forms of strong encryption for ALL email transactions. By routinely encrypting every single message we can not only ensure our personal privacy, but also help to render inoperable government snooping projects such as Echelon.
If you're looking for downloadable security applications and software, please click on the Downloads link.
- PGP-Pluto - David Kanareck's guide to installing PGP with Pluto (RISC OS email client)
- GPG-Windows - My own guide to installing GnuPG for use with Thunderbird on Windows
- PGP-Windows - David Kanareck's guide to installing PGP on Windows
- PGP information - (Dr Nat Queen's excellent pages)
- Beware of 'Snake Oil' - An informative article on modern cryptography by Dr Nat Queen
Links to Third-party web sites
Secure deletion/removal of files/data
DNA Analysis & Profiling
Snake oil & other 'false' security
Law & Legal Information
- Crypto Law Survey - A good resource site for finding out cryptography laws in different countries.
Password Cracking and Decryption
Miscellaneous crypto stuff
Further links to information