Privacy, secure email and PGP Downloads
A selection of links to software you can download, which will improve your security and privacy.
Before continuing further, you may want to check what computer you have, so that you download the software intended for your particular system.
The following systems are supported from this page.
- RISC OS - For all computers running RISC OS.
- MAC OS - For computers running MAC OS.
- Windows - For computers running Microsoft Windows.
RISC OS software will NOT run on Windows or Mac OS, so don't bother downloading it unless your computer is running RISC OS.
- CodeGroup - RISC OS port of John Walker's CodeGroup application.
- Ent - RISC OS port of John Walker's Entropy tester
- FakeFiles - A utility for generating random, fake securely encrypted files for which you have no passphrase, therefore can't be forced to divulge it. Useful for plausible deniability purposes. Can also genuinely encrypt data for maximum confusion.
- FileCrypt - A simple-to-use utility for securely encrypting your files using GnuPG.
- FileNuke - Securely delete files with military grade 'nuking' of data.
- Steg - My simple steganography tool
For more of my own RISC OS software, please visit my Crypto Software page.
See note above about RISC OS
- AutoCrypt - Encrypt email using the Ant Suite.
- Blowfish - A module to provide Blowfish encryption.
- Cipher - A module (v0.07) to provide IDEA and MD5 encryption functions, by Nick Craig-Wood
- Crypt - Simple to use front end for GnuPG
- Encrypt - Encrypt files using Blowfish, by Stephen Sloan.
- Enigma Simulator - WWII Enigma machine simulator
- GnuPG - The RISC OS port of GnuPG.
- Nuke - Military grade deletion of files from your discs.
- PGP 2.6.3ia - The RISC OS port of PGP.
- PhotoSteg - Another program for steganograpjy, by David Thompson.
- Q-Lock - Protect confidential data, by Nat Queen.
- Spook - Help defeat Echelon by generating random phrases containing 'trigger' words, by Nat Queen.
- Stego - A form of steganography, by Nat Queen.
- Stealth - Store a number of encrypted directories inside a container file, each with it's own unique passphrase. Designed so that it's impossible to tell how many encrypted directories actually exist.
The software here is intended to run on Microsoft Windows powered PCs.
- Avast 4 Home Edition - A free anti-virus solution for Windows. [Download]
- AVG - Another comprehensive free anti-virus solution for Windows. [Download]
- Zone Alarm - A very good PC firewall solution. Free, but well worth registering for the 'Professional' version.
- Spybot Search & Destroy - Spyware detection and immunisation for IE.
- ewido - Free anti-spyware utility from AVG.
- Angry IP Scanner - Open source IP scanner/network analyser.
- Safe PC - Content filtering and control to filter objectionable images and text from being downloaded.
- Optenet PC - Another internet Parental Control Software
The software here is intended to run on Mac OS X. OS X has a relatively secure firewall built-in, but these links are provided for those who want a bit more flexibility or control over their security.
- NetBarrier - A very good firewall, anti-spyware and network security tool. Costs approx. £50 to register.
- Net Tool Box - A very useful, multi-purpose network tool with over 20 network utilities built-in. Costs approx. £20 to register.
- Firewalk X2 - A powerful and flexible firewall system, but unfortunately no longer available for purchase.